Ensuring the security of your data and assets is a crucial concern in today’s digital world. In the event of catastrophe, having a robust backup and disaster recovery plan is key.
ZEN’s Business Continuity offering is a hybrid back-up solution that links your on-premises infrastructure to a secure Australian based Data Centre. This leading-edge technology ensures that your data remains secure and accessible, even in the event of a natural disaster or hardware failure.
Significantly, all data stays on-shore in Australian data centres for additional privacy and compliance, ensuring your sensitive information is protected by Australian law.
Proposed Solution Includes:
- Purpose built on-site appliance
- Fully automated backup process
- Automated snapshots and reporting to ensure successful backups
- Server sync to the cloud for double redundancy
- Reduced downtime in the event of disaster –minutes, not days or weeks.
- Quick and efficient off-site data transfer, even in low-bandwidth environments
- Ability to run a virtualised server to access vital data – on the local appliance or in the cloud – in the event of failure
- AES 256 and SSL key-based encryption for data security and compliance
- Quarterly DR testing (i.e. test restore)
- Full support by both ZEN and Datto
Our approach delivers:
- Flexibility to run servers locally or from the cloud
- Agreed performance and availability targets for your business applications
- Scalability within our agreements
We are confident that this solution will meet your expectations; we are pleased to offer a 45-day trial arrangement where there is no fee applied if you decide that our service does not match your expectations.
When deciding whether you should consider our solution for your business, ask yourself this simple question:
- If I wanted to have a DR test performed within minutes, with my existing arrangements, can I do the test?
- If the answer is No.
- Then perhaps you should be having a closer look at our solution
Organisation has a Server with 1,000GB of data to be protected.
Recovery Time Objective (RTO): 15 minutes
- On-site appliance (including setup)
Implementation: $3,785 ex-GST
- 1 Year Time-Based data Retention in the Cloud
- Monitoring and Support (i.e. to perform restores)
Per Month: $515 ex-GST
We also offer an alternative solution for those organisations who are comfortable with a Recovery Time Objective (RTO) of 30 minutes – 4 hours.
For more details click here.
Datto Solution in detail
- We can easily protect any physical, virtual and cloud infrastructure running on Windows, Mac or Linux, VMware or Hyper-V, and spin up lost servers in seconds without the need for additional tools.
- Backups happen automatically based on your schedule to the local appliance, and are replicated to a secure, Australian based Data Centre.
- Recover granular data quickly from multiple points in time, or use local virtualization, Datto Cloud virtualization – or both – to get back to business in minutes.
- On-site appliance
- As part of this solution, we will supply and configure an on-site appliance.
- Instant Virtualisation
- Virtualisation refers to the process of creating a virtual version of something, whether it’s a server, storage device, network or application. The “virtual” version acts completely separate from the physical device.
- With Datto, backups can be virtualized either locally on the Datto device or remotely in Datto’s secure data centre, in seconds, with the click of a button. The advanced web interface allows for configuration of CPU and memory resources. Network resources can also be configured dynamically, allowing for changes to be made without restarting the virtual machine. Even while virtualized, systems can continue a normal backup schedule to both the Datto appliance and Datto’s secure Data Centre.
- The advantages of Instant Virtualisation are many. Should a business experience server failure, or the like, its systems may be virtualised instantly on the Datto device or in the secure Datto Data Centre, to avoid data loss and downtime. With the systems virtualized in the Cloud, the business may operate “business as usual” and have the time and resources to fix its server issue without compromising any data or incurring any downtime (beyond a couple of minutes)
- Inverse Chain Technology
- Datto has developed a smarter backup process, with proprietary Inverse Chain Technology. This eliminates broken chain issues suffered by other clients, using other Disaster Recovery systems
- Each time a backup occurs data is saved in a universal virtual file format (VMDK). Each of these backups is an independent image enabling you to reduce wasted storage space. Along with deleting snapshots without resetting the chain or dropping a new base image.
- Since each backup is a fully bootable virtual machine, there is no need for a conversion to occur before performing a restore. With no complicated rollup or restore processes, data is always available immediately both on-site and off-site.
- Hybrid Cloud
- Datto utilises Hybrid Cloud Technology to improve redundancy and allow users greater protection of their systems and data. Hybrid Cloud continuity is simple in concept yet robust in feature set; it leverages the advantages of local backup and the security of the cloud.
- It starts with servers protecting data across the Local Area Network (LAN) to the Datto appliance from there it is scheduled to be transmitted to the secure Datto cloud.
- This technology improves fault tolerance while reducing the reliance on bandwidth speed. The local Datto device can act as a restore hub for everything from files to applications and system fail over, it can also act as a staging environment for off-site transfer.
- Scheduling off-site data transfers can be critical for bandwidth management and carries no risk of having unsaved backups. In addition, should the local device be compromised data that was transferred to the Cloud can act as a replica site for the business.
- A local-only backup option cannot ensure data integrity should a site wide disaster occur.
- Ransomware detection
- The only sure way to resolve a ransomware attack is to restore the infected systems, effectively turning back the clock. With ransomware detection and point in time rollback, it’s designed to identify an attack, notify administrators, and recover from these types of scenarios. Within minutes, it can be as if the ransomware never happened. Say goodbye to ransomware and other disasters, and hello to simple preventative measures provided by Datto.
- Advanced Screenshot Backup Verification
- This proprietary technology delivers proof that your backup is successful. By taking a “screenshot” of each completed boot process virtually. Datto tests the backup integrity and proactively identifies boot-ability issues through the use of automated scripts.
- A screenshot alert can then be sent directly to the solution provider, and client if desired to confirm the backup.
- Testing is taken to a new level with automated live virtualization verification. Datto is able to not only check the integrity of a backup but it actually does a mock recovery, spinning up a virtual machine of the backup to verify that it can be booted in a disaster.
- Users can receive an alert with the results of the test as well as an image generated from the test.